We are currently working with a client based in Salford, Greater Manchester who are on the look for 2 experienced Public Sector procurement professionals for a Senior Procurement Management position with a total package of just over £60,000 (£52,500 plus 15% Flex Fund) on offer.
This is an exciting and unique role which has come about due to continued growth within the company and their offerings which are provided to the wider Public Sector. The function the successful candidate would be working in has just been reshaped to help provide flexible and innovative ways of working to support their clients and internal significant planned growth over the coming years.
You will be a leader within the Purchasing & Supply function providing and managing a professional service to our client’s customers, contributing and managing the achievement of a corporate plan, specifically (but not limited to):
- Helping to develop new and innovate business service models and activities to help drive continuous growth with existing customers, maintaining relevance within the market and helping increase the scope of benefits offered to our client’s customers.
- Develop new business proposals, tenders or customers mergers and acquisitions, engaging with both internal and external stakeholders to bring successful conclusion of opportunities in line with client/customer needs.
- Build a strong network and engage with key stakeholders at a variety of levels within both the Public and Private Sector to help promote and develop new opportunities and helping overall to ensure value for money all round.
- Key owner of contract effectiveness for customers, delivering against expectations, aligning offerings with customers key initiatives and capturing and progressing on commercial aspects as/when required.
- Mentor, support and manage direct reports ensuring successful service delivery while maintaining a high morale within the team.
- Effective delivery of a diverse portfolio of work, managing multiple requirements, meeting targets and deadlines across a wide geographical location with the requirement to travel regularly and at short notice.
- Management experience within the Public Sector in a Procurement, Commercial, Category or Contract Management related role.
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experienced with using negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience of public sector procurement regulations
- Comfortable with and can travel nationwide