Following continued growth Apsiz Services are looking to recruit a Procurement & Bid Development Manager to help lead and help continue the success and growth on the Bid Management offering at the company which covers support including Bid Writing, Reviewing, Training and more.
Apsiz Services were founded in 2013 by the previous Managing Director of the Crown Commercial Service (CCS), David Shields, and the team and network are built up of experienced Public Sector Procurement professionals which allows us to give our clients a great understanding of the pressures and gain a greater understanding of what the Buyer is looking for when bidding into the Public Sector.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
Working in a small team you will be responsible for your own time and diary with the role being predominantly home based – travel to clients will be as / when required but managed by the successful candidate also to confirm. The main bulk of the day to day activities on this front will include:
- Procurement Support – provide expert guidance and support to clients on procurement related queries.
- Bid Management Support – provide expert guidance and support to clients on bid management related queries.
- Quality Assurance (QA) – QA work that is completed (whether it is training or writing etc.) to ensure accuracy and consistency on presentation of documents and successful progression for Apsiz and Clients.
- Resource Management – identify suitable Apsiz Bid Consultants to support delivery of work. Oversee and co-ordinate service delivery, in accordance with the quality expectations for both Apsiz and Client expectations.
- Tender Identification – identifying suitable bids for both Apsiz and clients with the view to either respond or offer support via sites such as Contracts Finder.
- Business Development – lead and undertake activities to develop and broaden Apsiz Service’s client base. Activities include e-mail, telephone, social media marketing and face to face meetings which may include delivering presentations with potential clients to generate new business.
- Wider Apsiz Support – where required, be flexible and adaptable to help support and upsell consistently other areas of the business such as Procurement Consultancy and Recruitment Support services.
- Social Media Promotion – help continually promote, grow and deliver key messages to the Apsiz network and to potential new suppliers via the Apsiz website, LinkedIn, Twitter and other relevant platforms when required.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a Public Sector Procurement / Sourcing related role (flexible on whether this is Central Government, Local Authority, NHS, Housing etc.).
- Experience of using eProcurement portals (i.e. Bravo, Emptoris, Due North, AWARD, Oracle etc).
- End to end procurement experience (developing tender documents through to evaluation and award)
- Ideally MCIPS or working towards MCIPS status.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build a network of suitable contacts from a variety of industries to target and develop relationships and influence key Stakeholders at various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Delivery focused and self-motivated with an ability to use your own initiative in terms of taking ownership of and managing your time and own workload without direct supervision.
- The ability to work flexibly and must be able to travel in line with the needs of the role and our clients (including client meetings and networking/bidder events).