We are currently working with a client based in Salford, Greater Manchester who are on the look for 2 experienced Public Sector Category Management professionals for a 9-month Fixed Term Contract Interim Senior Category Manager position with a pro-rata equivalent total package of just over £50,000 (£44,000 plus 15% Flex Fund) on offer.
This role is required due to current maternity leave and a position is required to cover the Corporate team and another for their Health team is instrumental in the development of new categories, exploring new areas of business, creating new frameworks as well as managing current frameworks in place.
- Develop specific strategic sourcing programmes/strategies for defined categories, for several our client’s customers, on specific/allocated portfolios and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
- Deliver cost and efficiency savings across many our client’s customers by analysing current spend to develop procurement strategies.
- Ensure contract compliance pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement project within key markets.
- Liaise with colleges at all levels to ensure compliance in the use of agreements.
- Work closely with the commissioning team to ensure cohesive strategies in the delivery of products and/or services.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Hands on experience of working in a similar role in the Public Sector
- Public Sector and European procurement knowledge and experience including negotiation skills, strategic sourcing methodologies, supply chain, contract law and dispute resolution processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and in isolation
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with drafting procurement/category strategies and running end-to-end procurements in the Public Sector