We have a Public Sector client based in Gloucester who are looking for an Interim Project / Change Manager on a 6 month contract. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £400 on offer. This role will require SC clearance.
To manage and co-ordinate the implementation of CT change projects within the region, to manage and regional change/continuous improvement within the SWCTIU and other related tasks commensurate with the role and responsibilities of the role.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate implementation of national and regional projects, internal inspections and initiatives and process reviews within the SWCTIU, in accordance with NCTPHQ project management methodologies and process improvement techniques, identifying and managing regional interdependencies and providing reports on progress and realisation of benefits to NCTPHQ and SW CT governance.
- Identify, investigate and advise on improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the service provided by the
- SWCTIU within a project.
- Work collaboratively with departments and colleagues, maximising transfer of appropriate skills, acting as a catalyst for change and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement. Support the Head of SWCTIU to ensure that resources are effectively managed.
- Provide advice, facilitation and support to members of the SWCTIU in relation to research, analysis, problem solving, process improvement and project management techniques.
- Liaise, where appropriate, with customers and stakeholders (e.g. HMIC, Home Office, Chief Officer Group, Police Authority, NCTPHQ, Change Managers in other CT(I)Us, regional police forces and internal colleagues) when undertaking project work.
Essential Experience Required:
- Hold a full current driving licence
- Extensive experience of designing, introducing and implementing change in a business or public service environment;
- Excellent understanding of fundamentals of project control including planning, management of risks and issues, benefits, dependencies, budget, resources;
- Extensive experience of research, problem solving and options development, using a range of project and analytical tools and techniques;
- Excellent computer literacy, including all common Microsoft packages;
- Experience of working collaboratively with departments/organisations/external partners and able to demonstrate good stakeholder management skills (including negotiating and influencing);
- Experience of supervising staff and managing workloads;
- Ability to understand and manage complex dependencies in a large and multidimensional organisation;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Desired Experience Required:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent educational/work standard
- Experience of using PRINCE 2 project management methodology and/or similar industry equivalent/qualification
In practice the post is a blend of a Project Manager with a bit of added Change Manager! We will be looking for someone with experience of business change/organisational change projects, preferably in the public sector, and not an IT Project Manager.