We have a Public Sector client based in Salisbury and Hampshire looking for 6 Interim Commercial Officer on a contract that will run until the 1st June 2019 This role is INSIDE IR35 on a maximum day rate of £355.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
DSTL is responsible for designing, developing and applying the very latest in science and technology for the benefit of UK defence and security, across government. We work with the best people with the best ideas around the world – from very small companies to world-class universities, large defence companies and sometimes other nations. We are looking for CTW (Contracted Temporary Worker) procurement professionals to provide procurement support to multiple areas of our business, whilst supporting the development of effective contractual relationships with external supplier base. The CTW will be required to place Research contracts in line with DSTL / MOD commercial policy. The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of MOD procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times. Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet DSTL’s requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
- Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
- Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
- Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
- Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
- Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
- Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
- Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
- Domain Knowledge
- Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment.
- Contracting for research.
- Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR.
- OJEU Experience would be beneficial Experience & Skills Essential
- Knowledge of EU Regulations
- Contract management
- Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues.
- Experience of successfully delivering effective supply chain management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to engage in robust negotiations while simultaneously building respect and strong relationships.
- Experience of ensuring consistent and high quality commercial responses to contract and tender enquiries, balanced with meeting situational deadlines.
- A flexible and resourceful approach with experience of identifying and securing win-win situations through effective influencing.