We have a Public Sector client looking for an Interim Commercial Category Manager either in Newcastle, Leeds or Birmingham (depending on candidate location) on a 3 month contract. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £300 on offer.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
- Assessing the existing commercial landscape and looking at the impact on programme delivery.
- Designing and implementing approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the department.
- Leading on supplier integration with regards to relationship and cost impact upon the department.
- Clarifying the ability to terminate current contracts, working with programme finance leads to understand impact and realisation of any potential benefits.
- The ability to renegotiate existing contracts.
- Managing the impact of existing commercial financial models.
- Acting as primary point of contact between the incumbent supplier(s) and the department.
- MCIPS Qualified Experience in leading full end-to-end procurement cycle for a range of categories (preferably including professional services and IT), and relevant contracting processes.
- Experience of running full EU procurement tendering exercises, including OJEU.
- Experience of managing supplier performance and relationship programmes to optimise supplier delivery to achieve best value;
- A good working knowledge and relevant experience of contract management practices
- A confident communicator with strong presentation and drafting skills.
- Good relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Good organisational skills; self-starter with an ability to co-ordinate and prioritise.
- Comfortable with working independently and as part of small multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain discretion and use initiative.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Excellent IT skills including use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the UK health sector; and
- Experience of using eProcurement systems.