We are currently working with a client based in Salford, Greater Manchester who are on the look for an Interim Category Manager on a 6-month Fixed Term Contract with a day rate of up to £250 on offer.
This role is pivotal in the engagement of key stakeholders within our client’s agreements and will be key to developing category strategies and develop significant cash savings and non-cash efficiencies.
- Deliver a portfolio of projects for our client’s customers, on time and to expectations
- Awareness of national and market place developments in line with areas of responsibility
- Lead on several portfolio of projects as directed to become a subject matter expert
- Consistently achieve value for money through effective sourcing of goods and/or services to ensure key performance objectives are identified, strategies are in place to enable procurement performance and monitored across category area.
- Maximise contract compliance to ensure procurements are in line with relevant Public Sector and European legislation.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing procurement strategies allocated through detailed demand/market analysis to ensure continuous improvement and innovation on service delivery.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Hands on experience of working in a similar role in the Public Sector
- Public Sector and European procurement knowledge and experience including negotiation skills, strategic sourcing methodologies, supply chain, contract law and dispute resolution processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and in isolation
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with drafting procurement/category strategies and running end-to-end procurements in the Public Sector