Are you an experienced Senior or Head of Procurement professional with a background in the Public Sector looking for a new challenge? We are currently supporting a Public Sector client based in Salford, Greater Manchester, who are looking to appoint 2 experienced Head of Procurements for permanent roles based with a total package of £69,000 on offer.
These opportunities are extremely unique for our client and will work with a recently reshaped Procurement function which aims to provide flexible and innovative ways of working to help continue their planned growth and the work they do in the Public Sector.
If you are passionate about delivering procurement as a service, think outside the box, use your leadership and procurement skills to deliver best-in-class service, enjoy driving teams with a nationwide scope this is the role for you. Successful applicants will be outstanding procurement leaders who truly understand the innovation and value benefits excellent procurement can bring and can work with c-level and senior leadership to showcase, develop and lead the procurement service.
As a leader within the procurement business line and sitting on the Senior Management Team, you will work closely with various stakeholders contributing to and managing the achievement of a corporate plan, specifically (but not limited to):
- Management of customer relationships, building rapport and confidence with existing customers to be the ‘face’ of procurement services and developing additional opportunities beneficial to both parties.
- Be responsible and a key owner of contract effectiveness, delivering against expectations, aligning service delivery with customers key initiatives and capturing and progressing any commercial aspects.
- Develop customer renewal, new business proposals, tenders or customer mergers and acquisitions, engaging effectively with Business Development and Client Partnership colleagues to bring opportunities to a successful conclusion in line with customer need.
- Mentor, support and manage direct reports, ensuring delivery of a successful service whilst maintaining a high morale within the team.
- Effective delivery of a diverse portfolio of work, managing multiple requirements whilst meeting targets and deadlines across a wide geographical area with the requirement to travel regularly and at short notice.
- Experience in a Procurement/Commercial/Category/Contract Management Public Sector leadership role.
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent
- Can operate strategically and at scale
- Understands the wider business landscape of procurement
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experienced with using negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Comfortable with and can travel nationwide