We are working with a Private Sector company based in Newcastle who are looking for a Commercial Contract Lawyer on a permanent role with a salary of up to £60,000.00 on offer. This is an exciting role working with a small legal team to provide specialist legal support to the companies clients and projects across their professional services business.
The ideal candidate will have 5 years + PQE commercial / contract experience preferably in-house across public sector, commercial enterprise, or in practice. You will be a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced ‘dynamic’ environment and deliver key objectives in timely manner. The role requires a confident and assertive individual who offers good commercial awareness, with experience of working in a commercial contract space who can use their legal skills to work closely with key business clients, across all jurisdictions, on a day to day basis.
- Provide an expert legal service to the client in commercial law for both sales and supply side agreements.
- Act as general legal counsel to senior management team and operational teams.
- Develop standards for terms and conditions for sales agreements, frameworks, call offs, work orders and supplier service agreements – ensuring that the companies legal position is not compromised and that client terms are back-to-back with supplier terms.
- Negotiates legal contractual terms with clients and suppliers to ensure best possible outcome for the company, whilst supporting business growth and new opportunities.
- Reviews legal risk in existing agreements and highlights actions required to reduce risk in contracts.
- Offers legal support whilst retaining a commercial perspective to ensure issue resolution – providing options and implications for each.
- Manages resolution of legal disputes and works pro-actively to minimise future legal issues.
- Liaises with external legal bodies as appropriate to obtain specialist legal advice.
- To keep up to date with developments in law, legal practice and relevant changes in practice and procedure.
- Experience of dispute resolution and / or general commercial disputes;
- EU Regulation experience in particular OJEU
- Experience in establishing standard terms and conditions of contract and related processes;
- Experience of putting in place relevant legal management controls and disciplines;
- Experience of managing external specialist legal advice;
- 5 years plus PQE commercial / contract experience – in-house (public sector or commercial enterprise) or in practice;
- Working with Public Sector contracting bodies or working on supply side into the public sector;
- Experience of negotiating large contracts working with key internal stakeholders;
- Experience of contracting in Professional Services Projects, Construction and IT