Are you an experienced Category Management professional and looking for a new role in 2019? We are currently supporting a Public Sector client based in Salford, Greater Manchester, who are looking to appoint a Category Manager for permanent roles based with a total package of £42,000 on offer.
This role is pivotal in the engagement of key stakeholders within our client’s agreements and will be key to developing category strategies and develop significant cash savings and non-cash efficiencies.
- Deliver a portfolio of projects on time and to expectations
- Awareness of national and market place developments in line with areas of responsibility
- Lead on several portfolio of projects as directed to become a subject matter expert
- Consistently achieve value for money through effective sourcing of goods and/or services to ensure key performance objectives are identified, strategies are in place to enable procurement performance and monitored across category area.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing procurement strategies allocated through detailed demand/market analysis to ensure continuous improvement and innovation on service delivery.
- Maximise contract compliance to ensure procurements are in line with relevant Public Sector and European legislation.
- CIPS qualified or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Hands on experience of working in a similar role in the Public Sector
- Public Sector and European procurement knowledge and experience including negotiation skills, strategic sourcing methodologies, supply chain, contract law and dispute resolution processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and in isolation
- Strong stakeholder management skills.