Are you an experienced Public Sector Procurement professional looking for more flexibility and a new role in 2019? We are currently working with a Private Sector organisation who are looking for an experienced Category Manager to support their clients based in Central London with a salary of up to £65,000 on offer.
The role of Category Manager is to act as the primary point of contact for all service related matters for assigned clients, managing the interface between suppliers and customers effectively. The successful candidate will offer expert advice and unique solutions to achieve the best outcomes to deliver client satisfaction. This role is a mixture of home based and customer facing which as a result will require regular travel to customer sites, in London, which you will be assigned to.
- Providing category and procurement expertise
- Accountable for the end to end procurement process and meeting the strategic needs of assigned clients in line with contractual arrangements
- Working with assigned clients to; develop better relationships, achieve organisational objectives and value, develop effective sourcing events, identify capable suppliers and supplier development to meet client needs, support through the sourcing / competition process and post tender contract management and delivery assurance
- Regular client communication and reporting ensuring in-depth understanding of assigned strategic customers current and future needs
- Utilisation of our offerings for assigned strategic clients and category specific projects
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent and/or PRINCE2 qualified or other project management qualification
- Experience of working in the Public Sector in either a Category Management or Procurement position.
- Sound understanding of modern procurement practices (OJEU/PCR) and an ability to use this experience and knowledge to support clients
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions i.e. BravoSolution and/or Pro-Vide
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority