We are working exclusively with a Private Sector client who are looking to recruit experienced Public Sector procurement professionals to work with their customers for various locations throughout England with a maximum salary of up to £60,000 on offer.
The role of Category Manager for our client acts as the primary point of contact for all service related matters for assigned customers, managing the interface between suppliers and customers effectively. They offer expert advice and unique solutions to achieve the best outcomes, working closely with the Procurement Operations team to deliver client satisfaction. This role is a mixture of home based and customer facing which as a result will require regular travel to customer sites you are assigned to which are mainly within your local region.
- Accountable for the end to end service and meeting the strategic needs of assigned clients in line with contractual arrangements
- Working with assigned clients to; develop better relationships, achieve organisational objectives and value, develop effective sourcing events, identify capable suppliers and supplier development to meet client needs, support through the sourcing / competition process and post tender contract management and delivery assurance
- Ensuring regular client communication and reporting
- Ensure in-depth understanding of assigned strategic customers current and future needs
- Providing category and procurement expertise
- Utilisation of our client’s offerings for assigned strategic clients and category specific projects
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent
- Ideally PRINCE2 qualified or other project management qualification
- Experience of working in the Public Sector in either a Category Management or Procurement position.
- Sound understanding of modern procurement practices (OJEU/PCR), primarily within the Public Sector, and an ability to use this experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of eSourcing and tendering solutions
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Ideally experienced in one of the following categories in a Public Sector environment; ICT, Social Care or Environmental Services.