We are currently supporting a Private Sector organisation, that provide services to the Public Sector, based in Greater Manchester who are looking for a Category Buyer with experience in IT and/or Digital Services. This is a permanent opportunity with a total package range between £20,000 - 30,000 on offer.
You will support Category Managers to deliver cost and efficiency savings by analysing current spend to assist with developing procurement/commercial strategies and demonstrate value for money, through compliance (i.e. OJEU and PCR) and actively managing the marketplace by developing key strategies for both customers and suppliers.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE the following experience:
- Experience in a similar role either in the Public Sector or delivering products/services to the Public Sector
- Experience or understanding of running OJEU and PCR compliant procurements/tenders
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a time and in isolation
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Ideally CIPS qualified or working towards