We are currently supporting a Local Government client based in the South East of England who are looking for a Category & Contracts Manager. This is a permanent role with a range salary of up to £38 – 44,000 on offer.
This role will support a large Council deliver procurements and ensure the delivery of sourcing projects in a complaint and timely manner. The successful candidate will directly be responsible for the contracts assigned, ensuring service level agreements and KPIs are monitored and improvements required and planned and executed. You will also be required to negotiable commercial and contractual terms to achieve best value and that they keep pace with changing requirements.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE the following experience:
- Educated to degree level and ideally MCIPS and or equivalent demonstrable work experience with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Category Management experience – using the methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements.
- A demonstrable track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements in large, strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
- Experience and understand of Public Sector procurement (OJEU and PCR2015) with ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff
- Ability to find solutions to potential legal difficulties
- Strong negotiation skills along with experience of planning and delivering successful negotiations
- Strong stakeholder management skills