We are currently supporting a Local Government client based in the South East of England who are looking for an Assistant Category Manager. This is a permanent role with a range salary of up to £30 – 34,000 on offer.
This role will support report into the Category & Contracts Manager to help deliver procurements and ensure the delivery of sourcing projects in a complaint and timely manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting contracts assigned, ensuring service level agreements and KPIs are monitored and improvements required are planned and executed. You will also be required to support negotiations around commercial and contractual terms to achieve best value and that they keep pace with changing requirements.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE the following experience:
- Educated to degree level and ideally CIPS qualified or equivalent demonstrable work experience with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Category Management experience – using the methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements.
- Experience and understand of Public Sector procurement (OJEU and PCR2015) with ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff
- Strong negotiation skills along with experience of planning and delivering successful negotiations
- Strong stakeholder management skills